Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wedding at FountainView Mansion June 6th


Note from Kara, the bride:
"Kim, We just got back last night from the honeymoon. I was gonna email you tonight and see if you would send all the flower photos you took. I loved them so much and I want way more pictures of them. You did anamazing job!!! I could not have been more pleased!! Everyone talked about the flowers! They were awesome. The center arrangement in the grand room was unbelievable. I wanted to take it with me.... Kim, you did such anamazing job and thank you soo much. Please send me your pics!!!I will send all my friends getting married your way! thanks again, Kara "







Loved the ornate lanterns.

Loved this vase, the client found both containers
for the wedding at Hobby Lobby.
Hanging floral in a wrought iron hanger.
Entry/place card table. The flowers
spiral around and are dense and lush.
My flash washed out the colors.
Sorry for my poor quality photos, it
is all we have of the flowers.
The lovely bride with her gorgeous white
Peonies and cymbidium orchids.

I thought the hanging floral arrangements
were very smart for adding visual color inside
the clear top tent.

This is the ceremony backdrop.
mmmm! I was really up to my knees in flowers the week of June 6th.
The wedding at Fountainview Mansion in Opelika Alabama was most stunning. I have been working with the bride, Kara Holley for over a year now with Julie Bunkley of Invision Events.
Colors are plums, purples, fushcia, greens and champagne.
Kara Holley carried huge gorgeous white peonies with white cymbidium orchids, the most amazing bridal wrap with great detail, all custom and my original design
work.
Bridesmaids had green hydrangea with hints of purple on the blooms, purple lisianthus, deep plum dendrobium orchids, maroon and green mini cymbidium orchids, purple vanda orchids,
fushcia anemones( yes anemones in June, I have awesome suppliers like Florabundance, Mayesh Wholesale, Cutflower Wholesale (wholesale to the trade only and that is the way

I prefer it) and yummy pink garden roses.
Ceremony backdrop was a stone wall that was draped in grapevines accented
with purple, plum, pink and green florals and candles.
Entry table had a 5 ft tall spiraling upward arrangement, one of my custom pieces.
Guest tables had ornate lanterns surrounded in a collar of flowers on champagne tablecloths.
Reception had a clear top tent with three wrought iron floral hangers to create visual interest upward and to add more color over the guest tables.
All guest table florals were low.

Specials thanks to Julie of Invision Events for bringing the bride my way, thank you

to my husband, my mom, Shanda Horne, Heather and Courtney for your help

on designing the flowers and set up the day of the wedding.

Congratulations to Kara Holley and Ian Kennedy!

Thank you Sherry Holley for having such a lovely daughter.

Thank you Lord for bringing me the most incredible blessings a girl could dream of.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Click on the images to see a larger view of the photos.

SGN said...

I hadn't had a chance to let you know, but her wedding was AMAZING! You did a FABULOUS job on the flowers. Her review is dead on. People were definitely talking about the flowers! You are so talented!